Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Miss Tomatoes


Oh summertime... concerts in the park, flip flops, tank tops, tomatoes... tomatoes... I miss you tomatoes. I miss you like a summer fling.

It's the dead of winter and I just stumbled upon the above image. Bruschetta inspired by Union Square Cafe's heirloom tomato salad. Basically I put their salad on toast. Yummmmm. It is absolutely the most refreshing, bright, aromatic little bite you'll ever have. Click to zoom in on that picture if you really want to know what I'm going through.

Here's the recipe without quantities. I do most things to taste and it's the easiest thing in the world. Don't worry, you can do it!

Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta

Heirloom tomatoes and/or heirloom cherry tomatoes
Sliced red onion
Coarsely chopped fresh basil
Olive Oil
Sherry vinegar
Salt and pepper
Goat Cheese (Ardith Mae chèvre if you can get it. Best in the WORLD)
Baguette toast slices

Wait until May or June. Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Add whatever else you like (corn, peppers, pork. pork? mmm.. yes pork). Spread the goat cheese on the toast slices. Top with mixture. Eat. Lick Fingers.

No comments: