Monday, January 14, 2008

Berkshire Berries

In the Union Square Greenmarket there is a small table with a man selling jams and honeys from Berkshire Berries.

I purchased some honey and raspberry jam and am astonished by its quality. I have found some excellent honeys before at various local farmers markets, and this one competes, but the jam is definitely some of the finest jam I have ever tasted. It is sweet, tart, and fresh tasting. The jam is juicy and the seeds are crunchy but not overly abundant.

I noticed on the table they also had Black Raspberry and Golden Raspberry Jams, of which I only tried the Black. It was interesting and delicious, but sweeter than the regular raspberry and without the same level of tartness. For me it was the Raspberry all the way, but I'll definitely be returning to try some of their other flavors.

(As an added bonus for me, Berkshire Berries is located in Becket, MA, home to my beloved childhood summer camp, Chimney Corners)

www.berkshireberries.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chimney corners? lol, you are such a dork.

the jams sound amazing...

Rachel said...

Go here:
http://shravocado.blogspot.com/
This is my friend Nina's blog. About food.