Friday, December 21, 2007

Congee Bowery

We tried Congee Bowery today with 16 friends.

(I'm going to use the royal "we" sometimes, like Perez Hilton, because I want everyone who reads this blog to assume that, like him, I have a "staff" of people with nothing better to do than follow me around and entertain my most absurd whims)

Dim Sum/Chinese family style. Amazing. Their squid tempura was some of the most tender squid I have been served in a restaurant in a long time... nearly ever. And the "House Special Chicken" was incredibly moist, yet with a delicious, crispy skin. All the dishes were at least good, if not amazing. And their $5 lychee martinis were strong.

With more food than we could eat, the bill came out to a very reasonable $25 per person (tax and tip included)! Surprisingly, the Congee, a type of rice pudding/soup dish for which the restaurant was named, was my least favorite. Still, I will be back as soon as possible, with as many people as I can gather.

www.congeevillagerestaurants.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily! You have a blog! Excellent.